niedziela, 3 października 2010

Junction 15

My firsts weeks in Stoke-on-Trent.... very intensive.
Everything is new, exciting and surprising . Town, people, work. I’m  Ola  - the second "o", who is on the scholarship in Junction 15, the company which produces films.
 

First of all-Stoke on Trent, six rather small towns connected with each other. So you have to use underpasses often, which (what can you see on the photo) aren't grey and terrifying like that one in Warsaw, but are totally  domesticated. Town - not big, but traffic jams here are the same, or even worse than in our city. It is much more easier to go on walk, than to use a car. People - who are always smiling, helpful.

My work in Junction 15 is really near photography, 
because they use camera-Canon D5 to make movies. Work in the company like Junction 15 is connected with waiting and making repeats all the time, with off-specification working time, sometimes really surprising, also with taking part in more than one projects. But I like it very much – I do not have time for boredom. Mostly during this week I helped making the commercial for Faculty of Health at Staffordshire University. I saw how to work with Canon D5, how make the interviews.  I learned also  how to record the voice.
That was interesting how people were prepared to shoots. Sometimes they prepared what they should say on a few sheets of paper.  Besides that we was making shoots by movie camera  (I had chance to do this myself) in a local school, where a teacher showed how prepare healthy food. However the mostly exciting was making the video-movie for the dance school.  A married couple who are in the middle age dancing in underpass or two builders dancing tango on construction intrigued people on the streets. I took part also in the photographic workshop with children with disabilities – this was very difficult for me, but educational as well.

After work we have with girls intensive time too: play “Desire under the Elms”, tour around the backstage in The RepStoke on Trent Repertory Theatre (there was the open day there) and meeting with Loud Mouth Women – it’s only a part of this what we made.

o.o.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz